You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00152 Aug 2004

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05 / ISSUE # 27 dated 27th August 2004
EDITORIAL:
Dear Bhagavatas:
IN THIS ISSUE:

1. SRI AHOBILA MATAM ACHARYA THIRUNAKSHATRAM CELEBRATIONS, SEPTEMBER 4TH &
5TH, WASHINGTON DC, 2004 at Sri Rajdhani Mandir, 4525 Pleasant Valley Rd,
Chantilly, VA 20151 and
PRANA PRATISHTAPANA MAHOTSAVAM OF SRI VENUGOPALA PERUMAL IN NEW JERSEY, USA
on Sept 11th 2004. (Details of the venue and program can be seen in the
website of Ramanuja Mission).

On behalf of Sri AhObila MaTam, Sri Ramanuja Mission, Swami Desika Darsana
Satsangam (SDDS) and on my own behalf, I cordially invite all Bhaagavatas in
and around or passing through these cities  during this period to avail of
this great opportunity and receive the blessings of Sri Venugopala Perumal
and Acharyas.

They may contact anyone of the following for further details.

Washington D.C. / Virginia / Maryland:
Sri Raghavan Rajaji Swami: rrajaji@xxxxxxx
Sri Srikanth Raghavan Swami: srikanth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sri Anand Iyengar Swami: malolakrupa@xxxxxxxxx

New Jersey:
Sri Poondi Vijayaraghavan Swami: vjpoondi@xxxxxxxxx
Sri Venkat Sreenivasan Swami: vsreeniv@xxxxxxxxx
Sri Nadadur Mathavan Swami: nadadurmathavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is to inform you that I will be out of station from 2nd to 12th of
September 2004 for attending the above functions. I may not be able to read
/approve any postings in "Sri Ranga Sri" during this period. This is for
your information.
2. "HINDUISM REDISCOVERED" BOOK
========================
As you all know, this book was released by His Holiness Srimad Andavan, Sri
Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam on the occasion of His Trunakshatram.

Besides, forewords from both H.H. Azhagiyasinghar and H.H. Srimad Andavan of
Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, the book has received rave reviews from "The
Hindu", "Sri Nrismhapriya" (both English and Tamil editions), Sri Kanchi
Perarulalan Journal and an evaluation by Smt. Vasudha Narayanan, HOD, Dept.
of religion, University of Florida and President, American Academy of
Religions.

These have been archived in Sri Ranga Sri Yahoo groups site.
You may wish to have a look at these reviews.
(Vide Messages 4112 d/ 06/18/04, 4134 d/ 06/26/04, 4136 d/ 06/27/04 and 4178
d/ 07/04/04)

Reviews in "Indian Express", "Sri Ranganatha Paaduka", Sri Hayagriva Priya",
Sri Desika Seva", "Gopura Darsanam" etc journals are awaited.

Some of you have already acquired copies. Thanks to you all.

Part of the sale proceeds will be donated to such of the Divyadesams
(consecrated by Azhwars) but are today languishing for funds even for
vastram, Deepam and NaivEdhyam etc. Please remember that your donations will
be used for this noble kainkaryam.

Those who wish to acquire copies may do so at the venues.

This 1000 page book with elegant get up has been priced at US $ 48/=plus US
$ 12/=for postage, S&H etc. (Total = US $ 60/=).

As a special concession in honor of the twin celebrations, we are pleased to
offer a discount of 25% of the above price (i.e.) at US $ 45/= per copy (a
whopping saving of US $ 15/=) for those who register and make payment in
cash or Check drawn in favor of "Ramaswamy Anbil".

As only a limited number of copies are available, please hurry up and secure
your copy.

Looking forward to meeting you and expecting your help and cooperation in
this regard.
145 Regular issues have been released, so far besides several Special
Issues) -
- 27 Issues of Vol. 1
- 15 Issues of Vol. 2
- 42 Issues of Vol. 3
- 35 Issues of Vol. 4 &
- 26 Issues of Vol. 5
These issues have been archived for public view at -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/srirangasri
by Sri Diwakar Kannan (diwakark@xxxx)
You may also view the archives at http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia maintained
by Sri Srinivasan Sriram (ajiva_rts@xxxx)

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived in the
?Files? Section and view the Contents at ?srsindex.html? (Not the individual
postings allowed for encouraging "Reader participation"). We are sure that
you will be convinced of the quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of ?Sri Ranga Sri?-
Tell your friends to join by sending an email to
Srirangasri-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF NOT: Tell us, as to how we may improve.
Ever at your service

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy,
Editor & Publisher,