You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00177 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.06 / ISSUE # 25 dated 09/03/05

Dear Bhagavatas:

ARRIVED SAFE AT ATLANTA

I  hasten to inform you that I have arrived safe at Atlanta after a vacation
(?) that was not any the less hectic than what it would have been otherwise if
I had stayed back!. In spite of the ordeals, the trip came to a successful
denouement and we finally arrived safe and sound at Atlanta.

You may contact me at (770) 434- 9596

RELEASE FUNCTION OF MY BOOK
?MYTHS, MIRACLES AND MYSTICISM IN HINDUISM ? WHAT DO THEY SIGNIFY??

The book was released through the divine hands of H.H. Srirangam Srimad Andavan
of Periyasramam during his Saptadi celebrations as per the niyamanam of Asmad
Acharyan, H.H. Paravakkottai Sri Gopala DEsika Maha Desikan, Srimad Andavan of
Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, Srirangam. The release function was advanced to
6th June itself due to crowded programs connected with the Saptadi
celebrations. The huge gathering included several members of SDDS. Smt. Kalyani
and Sri N. Krishnamachariar Swami of Chicago were notable attendees.

The book of nearly 130 pages has an elegant get up and the cover was
designed by our Atlanta based member, Sri Sampathkumar Padmanabhan.  I hereby
offer my heartfelt thanks to him for this labor of love.

The book has been priced at US $14.75.

A few copies of "HInduism Rediscovered" book are also available.
The marked price for the same is US $48.00.

The cost of both the books will thus be US $ 62.75 per set. But those who
desire to acquire sets may availl of a "Stock Clearance discount" of 10%
thereof. (i.e) at a concession rate of US $ 56.50 per set.

However, this concession is valid only till 15th September 2005 or till stocks
last, whichever is earlier.

So, please hurry up!
NOTE:
Only a very limited number of copies have been brought to USA by hand
baggage and will be made available on ?First Come, First Served? basis.

You may draw check for the number of copies required favoring ?Ramaswamy Anbil?
and send it to
?Ramaswamy Anbil, 1638 Omara Lane, Smyrna, GA- 30082?
Phone: (770) 434 - 9596

Please give complete details of your address, phone number, Remittance
particulars etc. to enable us to link your order and expedite dispatch to your
address.
You may also send an email to Ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx

THE ORDEALS IN BROWSING MAILS IN CHENNAI

Perhaps due to global warming, the dog days of summer continued unabated till
we left on 28th August 2005 though the ?Agni Nakshatram? was officially over by
end of May 2005! It was almost impossible to move out in the hot Sun during
daytime. Most of the time, we had to ?hibernate? in the AC room in my sister?s
place at Ambattur. Sundown also brought down a pall of darkness
considerably vitiating visibility. I was thus practically immobilized.

The nearest browsing centers were at least a mile away. In spite of tall claims
of technological revolution reverberating through mass media, the service in
these centers was far from satisfactory. To move from one screen to the next,
the delay became excruciating and exasperating (that is- if there was no power
failure) and in sheer frustration one is compelled to quit.

That is the reason why, I could not effectively monitor approval of mails that
came in clusters for ?moderating?. Once in a while, I used to visit some
browsing centers and hurriedly approve a few mails received, and deliberately
avoid my own postings.

We were planning to return by 8th August but our stay got extended till 28th
August and that too via Bangalore- Mumbai (Jet) - Milan- JFK (Alitalia) -
Atlanta. (Delta)

A more detailed report on the trip will be posted separately.

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM