The WebWebX whiteboard is up and running at
06/03/99 - version 2.1.5p4
12/16/99 - version 2.1.5p3
- Got rid of references to "$&" for greater speed
- Added RevsWanted switch on setup page - allows you to turn on/off showing revision at top of page
- Added notification for anonymous users
- Added numerous fixes to give better diagnostics if administrator record is not editable
11/30/99 - version 2.1.5p2
- Clarified and standardized add/delete/change messages
- Fixed logic errors in delete
11/26/99 - version 2.1.5p1
- Eliminated a lot of spurious "undefined variable" messages
- Fixed "back" link for global purge
- Eliminated load of bad page in global purge
11/03/99 - version 2.1.5
- Added support for user privilege levels
- Fixed password change bugs for users
- Revamped password maintenance interface
- Added login name at top of command bar
08/10/99 - version 2.1.4
- Fixed mail notification bug
- Major update to eliminate as many intermediate pages as possible
- Added further startup validation and diagnostics
- New debugging code (log on page) added
- Added "global purge"
- Turned mail sensitivity check back on
- Added new global debug flag (under admin control)
- Added display of "(locked)" to page title when page is being edited
- Reworked dispatching to use a hash instead of a huge "if" statement
05/03/99 - version 2.1.3
- Got anonymous editing working properly
- Append mode for anonymous users
- "Pages being edited" on Recent Changes page
- Internal user ID management
- Fixed possibility of dying when getting hostname
- extracted configuration data to webwebx.config file
01/21/99 - version 2.1.2
- Documentation on page locking was added to the help pages.
- Added double-backtick to allow use of intercapitalized words without their becoming links.
01/19/99 - version 2.1.1
The locking option was added to allow the administrator to choose standard
only-during-the-update locking or extended while-the-file-is-being-edited
Lock-breaking and associated administrative settings were added.
All of the true-false configuration options were added to the administration
page, instead of requring the installer to configure them.
The installation page was updated.
All of WebWebX is now controlled via RCS and mkdist.
10/28/98 - version 2.1 (informal)
The Sign-in option was enhanced to keep you on the same page after you
sign in; previous versions always sent you to the top of the WebWebX document
The Archive option was enhanced slightly by adding a version count to the
Archive link. Helpful in reminding folks to periodically purge the archive
of old pages.
Earlier in 1998 - version 2.0.1 (informal)
The Rename screen was modified slightly to remind users which boxes should
be checked/unchecked when copying a page.
FatalError checks were added for the "unable to create PageArchive" and
"unable to create log file" situations.
Sometime in 1997 - version 2.0 (informal)
Original updates to WebWeb.
Converted database management to PageArchive class (was dbmopen/dbmclose/etc.
Removed page freeze/thaw from WebWeb and demoted it into the support classes
(PageArchive and Storable).
Added "Back" link for most out-of-line pages
Cleaned up coding somewhat, although not to perl5 standards.
External programs to allow authorized users to add pages to a WebWebX server
as subpages of a target page via mail. Will include an authorization mechanism
to make it harder for el33t haq3r d00ds to fill up the WebWebX server machine's
Stay tuned for the Open Source version of WebWebX - all the functionality,
This is http://prtims.stx.com/webwebx/index.html