NT quotations of the Old Testament

PhillipLebsack

NT quotations of the Old Testament

Post by PhillipLebsack »

Are there any articles on the NT quotations of the Old Testament and how they differ from one another in terms of content, grammar, etc?
PhillipLebsack

Re: NT quotations of the Old Testament

Post by PhillipLebsack »

The Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament is an interesting and very useful work, and in essence serves the purpose... but it isn't exactly what i'm looking for...

I'm looking more for a simple compilation (for lack of a better word) of the quotes and how they compare/contrast in content/grammar to the LXX and other versions.

Does such a thing exist?
James Spinti

Post by James Spinti »

You might try the appendix in NA28 (or NA27). It contains a list of quotations and allusions. You'll have to do your own footwork on comparing them to the LXX, though. I'm not aware of anything that has already done that for you.

James
Proofreading and copyediting of ancient Near Eastern and biblical studies monographs
NathanSmith

Post by NathanSmith »

"Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament: A Complete Survey" by Archer and Chirichigno has a full treatment of all quotations in a nice format, I don't believe there's much analysis, so you'll have to supply your own.
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

For a bit more in the way of commentary and discussion, there is always F.F. Bruce:

https://www.amazon.com/New-Testament-De ... 1592446191
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Other”