Audio Koine Gospel of Luke in living koine pronunciation (1/3 complete)

Benjamin Kantor

Audio Koine Gospel of Luke in living koine pronunciation (1/3 complete)

Post by Benjamin Kantor »

Hi all,

New member here. I've begun a website for recording the Greek New Testament and other Koine texts. Right now I have Luke 1-8 and Genesis 1 from the LXX:

KaineDiatheke.com

I would definitely appreciate feedback on the recordings. I have a professional mic so sound quality is pretty good, but would appreciate any feedback on quality, sound, volume, speed, pace, style, etc.
For Koine Greek recordings and videos:

https://www.KoineGreek.com
Stephen Hughes

Re: Audio Koine Gospel of Luke in living koine pronunciation (1/3 complete)

Post by Stephen Hughes »

Hi Beniamin.
I find the voice well-modulated and the recordings clear. The rhythm and pace of the readings is quite regular.

What is the copyright status of the recordings?
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Benjamin Kantor

Re: Audio Koine Gospel of Luke in living koine pronunciation (1/3 complete)

Post by Benjamin Kantor »

Thank you, Stephen. I appreciate the feedback.

In terms of copyright, the New Testament recordings are from the Robinson and Pierpont Byzantine text, which is free to use. I really appreciate their heart in working on and providing a text without a restrictive copyright.

The recordings I have made are free to use and distribute as long as they are not being charged for or used for money. Other than that, they are free to use and distribute. It is not required, but I would certainly appreciate getting to make a contact with someone if they are using it for anything other than personal use. I'm sure it would be interesting.
For Koine Greek recordings and videos:

https://www.KoineGreek.com

Return to “Pronunciation”