Siebenthal - Ancient Greek Grammar

Matthew Longhorn

Re: Siebenthal - Ancient Greek Grammar

Post by Matthew Longhorn »

Jonathan Robie wrote: December 28th, 2019, 10:17 am I wish there were some way to automatically get electronic versions of texts I already own, or to pay for a lexicon once and use it with all my software.
I think Accordance do discounts to help people move across to them where they already own a resource in another system
Daniel Semler

Post by Daniel Semler »

Matthew Longhorn wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 6:47 am
Jonathan Robie wrote: December 28th, 2019, 10:17 am I wish there were some way to automatically get electronic versions of texts I already own, or to pay for a lexicon once and use it with all my software.
I think Accordance do discounts to help people move across to them where they already own a resource in another system
They do, they call them crossgrades. But they don't apply to texts you hold in print form only. https://www.accordancebible.com/Crossgrades/

But I think Jonathan was hoping for a module that could be used for multiple programs or automated inclusion of the all forms of the work in a single purchase or something like that. I've proposed before that the book publishers produce standardized e-books in compliance with an open standard file format that all tool vendors (Accordance, Logos, etc etc) could then simple use or extend with further annotations if they want and republish. But the economic model is all wrong for this right now. Generally the tools are more or less given away and the modules are where the money is made.

Thx
D
Matthew Longhorn

I definitely get worried that I am updating my Olivetree BDAG with comments from interesting papers against entries, and if I lost olivetree then I will lose that.
The thought of updating it all into my Logos version is painful
Daniel Semler

Post by Daniel Semler »

Matthew Longhorn wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:33 am I definitely get worried that I am updating my Olivetree BDAG with comments from interesting papers against entries, and if I lost olivetree then I will lose that.
The thought of updating it all into my Logos version is painful
Yep, it's one reason to keep your notes separate from any given s/w. I wonder if we could induce the software vendors to support a common annotation format for users' notes so that they could be used interchangeably. That would deal at least with user content in some way.

Thx
D
James Spinti

Post by James Spinti »

For those interested, it's now available Open Access for free download on Peter Lang's site, in PDF, ePub, and MOBI formats:
https://www.peterlang.com/document/1111098

Enjoy!
Proofreading and copyediting of ancient Near Eastern and biblical studies monographs
Matthew Longhorn

James Spinti wrote: October 26th, 2022, 11:12 am For those interested, it's now available Open Access for free download on Peter Lang's site, in PDF, ePub, and MOBI formats:
https://www.peterlang.com/document/1111098

Enjoy!
Fantastic spot!, thank you

Return to “Grammars”