Typing Practice Tool Online Now

Daniel Semler

Typing Practice Tool Online Now

Post by Daniel Semler »

Hi ya,

Some will remember the thread I started on a typing tutor program for Ancient Greek a little while back. What I really wanted was something that could run me through a practice text and I could get practice typing the text with the appropriate diacritics using whatever keyboard mapping I chose. As an added extra it could check for errors.

I have posted the first iteration of this. It is very simple and just leads you through your sample text. There is no checking yet and no stats and so on. I may add them but honestly I haven't needed them yet. It also doesn't do RTL though that would be possible to add if anyone needed/wanted Hebrew.

It is a simple app that runs wholly in your browser once you go to the URL so there is no network traffic once loaded.

It's at http://typing.fortysevenrooks.com.

Thx
D
Jonathan Robie

Re: Typing Practice Tool Online Now

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Nice.

For broader consumption, maybe checking would be useful. But it's useful as is. And having people paste in the practice text is a clever way to avoid copyright issues.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Daniel Semler

Re: Typing Practice Tool Online Now

Post by Daniel Semler »

Jonathan Robie wrote: June 6th, 2020, 5:11 pm Nice.

For broader consumption, maybe checking would be useful. But it's useful as is. And having people paste in the practice text is a clever way to avoid copyright issues.
A first cut at checking what you type is up now. It won't check for missing or additional words but it will check word spelling and accenting and highlight where the error is. You can turn the checking off if you want. Not massively happy with the highlighting colors but I'll work on that once I've used it a bit more.

I actually wasn't thinking about copyright though it's a good point. It was more Nathaniel's comments about copying sample text.

Thx
D

Return to “Bible Study Software”