Koine Reading Group on Reddit

Links to resources found on the Web, upcoming events, get-togethers, and other cool stuff that Greek lovers should know about.
Brent Niedergall

Koine Reading Group on Reddit

Post by Brent Niedergall »

For anyone interested, we're trying out a low-commitment weekly reading group working through Bel and the Dragon at r/Koine on Reddit.

The text we’re using is the Old Greek (OG) version from Henry Barclay Swete’s 1909 edition of The Old Testament in Greek: According to the Septuagint. Words that appear fewer than 50 times in the Greek New Testament are glossed. You can reply with your proposed translation. Questions and comments regarding grammar, lexical analysis, textual criticism, etc. are also encouraged!

Feel free to join us!

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Koine/
Brent Niedergall
Jacob Rhoden

Re: Koine Reading Group on Reddit

Post by Jacob Rhoden »

This is great stuff. I did see it and found it an interesting idea. I can't imagine signing up for a reddit account, but I will be following and reading with interest.
Jacob Rhoden

Re: Koine Reading Group on Reddit

Post by Jacob Rhoden »

One year on, I’m interested to hear your reflections on how it went in terms of interest levels and value of these types of things in a free open forum.

I vacillate between seeing such activities are super valuable and other times being utterly depressed about low interest. So I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Return to “Cool Stuff”