Blog Moving

MAubrey

Blog Moving

Post by MAubrey »

A few years ago, Carl wore me down and I changed the title of my blog/website from Ἐν Ἐφέσῳ to Koine Greek.

Today I've finally made the additional step of moving to a new URL, too:

https://koine-greek.com/2017/01/13/upda ... greek-com/

Supposedly, I have 500-700 RSS subscribers (somewhere). I'm trying to get the word out to however many of those are still active. If you are one of those RSS users, then you can add the new feed:

https://koine-greek.com/feed/

Here's to another 10 years.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
cwconrad

Re: Blog Moving

Post by cwconrad »

Congratulations, Mike, both on finally making the changeover and on your prudent deferment of hasty action on such a move. Σπεῦδε βραδεως, says the ancient wisdom, or festina lente. I'm one who'll follow you to your new hangout and check out your latest oracles.
οὔτοι ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς πάντα θεοὶ θνητοῖς ὑπέδειξαν,
ἀλλὰ χρόνῳ ζητέοντες ἐφευρίσκουσιν ἄμεινον. (Xenophanes, Fragment 16)

Carl W. Conrad
Department of Classics, Washington University (Retired)
Eeli Kaikkonen

Post by Eeli Kaikkonen »

You have 290 followers through Feedly, which I use.
MAubrey

Post by MAubrey »

cwconrad wrote:Congratulations, Mike, both on finally making the changeover and on your prudent deferment of hasty action on such a move. Σπεῦδε βραδεως, says the ancient wisdom, or festina lente. I'm one who'll follow you to your new hangout and check out your latest oracles.
I'm a strong advocate of Ent-like behavior. And perhaps someday I'll write something worthy of the term "oracle."
Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:You have 290 followers through Feedly, which I use.
Oh. That's nice to know! Sounds like that's where most migrated after the great exodus of Google Reader.
Mike Aubrey, Linguist
SIL International
Koine-Greek.com
Eeli Kaikkonen

Post by Eeli Kaikkonen »

MAubrey wrote:
Oh. That's nice to know! Sounds like that's where most migrated after the great exodus of Google Reader.
Yes, that has been told in some random internet sources. I also migrated from Google Reader. I use it also to follow the B-Greek forum, BTW.
cwconrad

Re: Comprehensive Koine Grammar (was "Blog Moving")

Post by cwconrad »

MAubrey wrote:
cwconrad wrote:Congratulations, Mike, both on finally making the changeover and on your prudent deferment of hasty action on such a move. Σπεῦδε βραδεως, says the ancient wisdom, or festina lente. I'm one who'll follow you to your new hangout and check out your latest oracles.
I'm a strong advocate of Ent-like behavior. And perhaps someday I'll write something worthy of the term "oracle."
Well, Mike, in my judgment, for what it's worth, publication of the latest revised outline of your COMPREHENSIVE GRAMMAR OF THE KOINE GREEK LANGUAGE (https://koine-greek.com/the-grammar/ constitutes nothing less than an oracle.

Here are no tentative hints ("temptations to say") at what might conceivably be thinkable but a vision of what, in our field, is something akin to the Grail of Arthurian legend. I would hope and suspect that completion of a project like this will call on the energies of more than the pair of you, and, much as I'd like it, I doubt I'll live to see it come to fruition.

I note that you have chosen to call it a grammar of "the Koine Greek language. Conceivably this narrows its scope as distinguished from a grammar of Hellenistic Greek, but I'm wondering where you draw the line between Hellenistic and Koine Greek? Is this project really any narrower in scope from the abortive work of Bob Funk's effort to foster a Hellenistic Grammar project two decades ago?
οὔτοι ἀπ’ ἀρχῆς πάντα θεοὶ θνητοῖς ὑπέδειξαν,
ἀλλὰ χρόνῳ ζητέοντες ἐφευρίσκουσιν ἄμεινον. (Xenophanes, Fragment 16)

Carl W. Conrad
Department of Classics, Washington University (Retired)

Return to “Seen on the Web”