Hi to all.

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
BarryD

Hi to all.

Post by BarryD »

Hi All

Hope you all are dealing with this lock down ok?

I am new here and have found some very useful info. on this site, thanks.

I have been wanting to try to learn K. Greek so as to gain greater insights into the Christian Greek Scriptures for years and this lock down gave me more time to get this started as things in the ministry have slowed down for the time being, giving me a chance to start this project, I only wish I had started years ago, but that's life.

I do have one question I would like a few tips on how to memorize the vocab. and word endings, any ideas would me much appreciated?

Stay Safe

BarryD
Jason Hare

Re: Hi to all.

Post by Jason Hare »

Nothing beats a pen and paper.

Write out the English glosses you want to learn along the left side of the sheet. On the far right side, try to write them out from memory in Greek. Check it. Whatever you did wrong, give it thought, maybe write it down in a new sheet as part of a "work on this" list. Fold the original sheet from the right enough to cover your attempt, then write them all down the sheet again.

Until you're ready to see words in context and you still rely on rote memorization, work it out with a pen!

Once you've done that, see if there is a Quizlet or Memrise list on the book you're working from. Go at it digitally.

Either way, good luck!

What does D stand for? The forum has a rule about using full names. You can read about it under the policies.

If you'd like to add it in your signature, that would suffice.

Valē!
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
BarryD

Post by BarryD »

Hi Jason

Thanks for that, I will buy a stock of Pens :-).

Ok Did not note that. Can just leave the "D" off.

Barry
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

This is the policy on names - we need a full name that identifies you, not just a first name. When you follow these steps, we will delete this post and approve further posts.
Jonathan Robie wrote: May 24th, 2011, 9:31 am Your user name, signature, and profile should clearly identify you. We do not allow anonymous membership on B-Greek, and we do not allow names like "Terminator" or "Captain Midnight" - people using such names may be banned.

Spaces and periods are allowed, so you can have a user name like "Jonathan Robie" or "Ken M. Penner" if you want. Names like "cwconrad" or "llsorenson" are also acceptable, but only if you include your full name as a signature (this can be done by your personal profile). To change your user name, send an email to jonathan dot robie at ibiblio dot org, telling me what your existing user name is and what you want me to change it to.

Please do not use URLs in your signature, you may use them in your profile.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

BarryD wrote: June 13th, 2020, 7:14 pm Hi Jason

Thanks for that, I will buy a stock of Pens :-).

Ok Did not note that. Can just leave the "D" off.

Barry
Actually, we need a first and last name.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Introductions”