Hello, here to learn

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
paulstephen

Hello, here to learn

Post by paulstephen »

Hi I am a sem grad (PTSEM) and bible languages fan. I regularly preach and teach from the bible. I am considering doing more advanced study in greek (classics, etc) somewhere, if you have recommendations let me know. I discovered this board searching for some insight on the aorist passive imperative ἁγιασθήτω in Matt 6:9. The post was from 2011. This stuff is timeless and priceless!
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Hello, here to learn

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Paul. If you are particularly interested in classics graduate school, I would simply visit the classics departments of various universities, check out requirements and such, and see what best fits for you. One caveat: most classics departments also require Latin. Quid Latinae linguae didicisti? (Have you learned any Latin)? But just check, there might be some Greek only options, but only, I should think, through the M.A. level.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Shirley Rollinson

Re: Hello, here to learn

Post by Shirley Rollinson »

paulstephen wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:58 pm Hi I am a sem grad (PTSEM) and bible languages fan. I regularly preach and teach from the bible. I am considering doing more advanced study in greek (classics, etc) somewhere, if you have recommendations let me know. I discovered this board searching for some insight on the aorist passive imperative ἁγιασθήτω in Matt 6:9. The post was from 2011. This stuff is timeless and priceless!
You might look for a Greek Orthodox seminary - they might have courses on the LXX and Church Fathers

Return to “Introductions”