Peter's Introduction

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.
peterlane

Peter's Introduction

Post by peterlane »

Hi B-Greek!

I recently started to learn NT Greek, which is something I've long wanted to do but never allowed myself time for until now. Naturally, my goal is to read my NT in original Greek, but maybe in the long term I'll also try the LXX.

I have a NT Greek on the shelf and, to learn, I'm studying Duff's Elements of NT Greek. I'm having a lot of fun with this so far - I started on the 28th of August, and am already into the sixth chapter. I think the technical, analytical side of learning Greek resonates with me.

My routine is simply to work through Duff, page by page, exercise by exercise. I have a notebook with my own summaries and exercise solutions in, and scrap paper for writing out verb and noun tables, etc. I also take time to read through a page of the NT, noting down anything I can recognise, or even focussing on one point, e.g. I wrote out every preposition + noun from a couple of pages the other day. Once I've finished Chapter 6, I'll do the same with verbs - there's nothing better than finding actual uses of the grammar points described in the book.
Peter Lane
Jonathan Robie

Re: Peter's Introduction

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Welcome, Peter!

I hope we can be helpful to you.

Jonathan
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Introductions”