Superscript/subscript BBCode

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
S Walch

Superscript/subscript BBCode

Post by S Walch »

More a request than a question: would it be possible to have the ability to do superscript/subscript via BBCode in posts?

I've checked to see whether this was already implemented on the board, but unless there's a different [​sup]Text[/​sup] / [​sub]Text[/​sub] I'm missing somewhere, I would like to be able to do this :)
Jason Hare

Re: Superscript/subscript BBCode

Post by Jason Hare »

S Walch wrote: July 17th, 2021, 1:30 pm More a request than a question: would it be possible to have the ability to do superscript/subscript via BBCode in posts?

I've checked to see whether this was already implemented on the board, but unless there's a different [​sup]Text[/​sup] / [​sub]Text[/​sub] I'm missing somewhere, I would like to be able to do this :)
@S Walch

[​sup]sup[/​sup]text[​sub]sub[/​sub] → suptextsub

H[​sub]2[/​sub]O → H2O

I just threw this together really quick. It simply replaces [​sup]/[​sub] with <sup>/<sup> from HTML. Should be working for you. I wasn't aware that BBCode didn't have such an option. It should already have been written into the package!

I inserted a zero-width space into the tags in your OP so that it wouldn't look like you were requesting something that already existed on the forum. ;)
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jason Hare

Post by Jason Hare »

@S Walch

By the way, thank you for using the [​greek] code in your posts. It elevates the look of the text. ἐκεκελεύκη looks much better than ἐκεκελεύκη! Then again, the forum does handle Unicode Greek much better than it used to. I think the font that it uses by default has been updated to include the polytonic glyphs. I shouldn't complain about that. LOL
Jason A. Hare
The Hebrew Café
Tel Aviv, Israel
S Walch

Post by S Walch »

C2 700.* Superscript/Subscript test

Excellent! Thanks very much Jason :)

Will make formatting so much easier to read now :)

Return to “Questions”