Best online Septuagint?

Forum rules
Please quote the Greek text you are discussing directly in your post if it is reasonably short - do not ask people to look it up. This is not a beginner's forum, competence in Greek is assumed.
Todd

Re: Best online Septuagint?

Post by Todd »

R. Perkins wrote: June 5th, 2015, 12:24 am This may seem like an ignorant question, but when I look up a passage in this LXX it doesn't seem to match the chapter-verse(s) of other translations or even the BHS (which I also recently purchased with morphological tagging).
I am late to the game here and the question has been answered well. However, I want to point out a resource that will help you quickly match the correct Psalm chapter from LXX to the MT.

If you have eSword Bible software (free) e-sword.net you can download Brenton's English Septuagint from within the download>Bibles function of the software. This version follows the MT chapter and verse system while at the same time adding the LXX chapter and verse right next to the MT chapter and verse. This allows you to quickly sync the two in your mind! Here is an example. Blue LXX

Todd Sumrall
My YouTube Channel Blood Covenant
https://www.youtube.com/c/BloodCovenant

Return to “Septuagint and Pseudepigrapha”