form in Philo

From: Jim Oxford (JOxford@easy.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 14:07:07 EST

Carl,

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the understanding that O would
lengthen to OU, rather than W in the third person singular. I don't know
why I was under this understanding, but I was.

Interestingly enough, I asked a Classics prof here at Baylor about this
form, and the best he could offer was that it was "curious." From your
response, it is obvious that it is a standard form. I'm now "curious" as
to why this Classics prof doesn't know his principal parts.

regards,

Jim