[compost_tea] Filtering

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:21:09 -0700

Dennis -- You asked
> What do you mean, "lodge them live"? <
Start-to-finish what I mean is 1) get fungi out of the compost into the
water ("strip" - "extract" them), 2) grow them in the tea, 3) get them to
soil or onto plants alive so they can continue to grow there.

I agree with what you did, sizing filter for nozzles (and stainless is
best), and would go a little further, agreeing with Bob that the more chunky
stuff you can get out in the tea the better, so the spray system should be
sized for maximum chunks. "Filterless" sure seems best, as do least pumping
and lowest possible pressure getting tea from tank to soil/plants. Ideally,
seems like unfiltered tea would be best, which is why I filter the media on
the front end.

-- Kirk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511