[compost_tea] archives

From: George and Paulette Mouchet <geomouchet_at_QNET.COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:22:43 -0700

I find using the list archives impossible. When I click on a message
subject, I get a Yahoo ad first. Then I have to click "continue to
message." Unfortunately, Yahoo hangs on the ad for quite awhile before
actually taking me to the message. Then, after reading the message, when I
click my "back" button twice (to skip the ad), Yahoo takes a long time to
get past the ad and back to the search results so I can go through the
process again for another message.

It's a VERY SLOW and FRUSTRATING process, not only for the time involved
but also because I have to wade through a lot of messages that end up not
being relevant. Maybe it's just my service. We can only get 56K dial-up
modem service -- nothing faster. I'm not alone.

According to a survey by PEW Research Center**, at the end of March 2003,
only 31% of the nation had high-speed internet service.

The end result is that I cringe at any suggestion to search the archives.

Chris offered to develop a list of good CT practices. This would probably
be very helpful to those of us who have trouble serching the archives.
 Yet, practically no one has taken her up on her offer.

**The Pew Internet & American Life Project will create and fund original,
academic-quality research that explores the impact of the Internet on
children, families, communities, the work place, schools, health care and
civic/political life. The Project aims to be an authoritative source for
timely information on the Internet's growth and societal impact, through
research that is scrupulously impartial. For more info. go to
www.pewinternet.org

Paulette