[compost_tea] Glowing testimonials Without Facts Are a Disservice to this List

From: chris reid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:11:33 -0400

I have written a number of polite and tactful posts requesting people
include data with their tea success reports. I guess it's time to be blunt.

I do not find testimonials with no data regarding how wonderful AACT is to
be a service to this list. Glowing fireside tales of wondrous results with
NO data make heartwarming reading, but they do NOT increase the knowledge of
anyone on this list, and are in fact a disservice to those who are having
less than wonderful results, who then don't post because they have "nothing
to offer". I was an English minor, am a pretty good writer, and have some
background in marketing. I bet I could write some pretty convincing stuff
with no data, too, and maybe Elaine would even ask to publish it in her
e-zine. that doesn't make it true, or accurate, or -- to the point-- MOVE
THE BALL FORWARD in getting more people more fluent in making and using
compost tea.

So if you write a report, please include facts and data -- application
rates, spacing of applications, etc. -- so those of us who are not raising
basketball sized tomatoes can get a clue as to how to at least raise a
soft-ball sized one.

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511