Re: [compost_tea]

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:31:28 -0700

Anthony - Looking at your plot of Oxygen again, it is interesting that the =
change in dissolved Oxygen during the first 6 hours from 7.5ppm to 8.0ppm, =
an increase of 0.5ppm is the same amount of change on an altitude compensat=
ion chart for DO given a temperature drop from 32 to 27*C as you noted.

You grew a hell of a lot of microbes in the five hours of high activity. I=
n one 50 gal brew I had analysed it came out at 2,304ug/ml total bacteria. =
 I had added 32 ounces of molasses. If my math is right I grew about 16 ou=
nces of bacteria from 32 ounces of sugar. You added a bit more (3.3pounds)=
 sugar than that for 200 gals. so if things went about the same you still g=
rew plenty of bacteria to make it into the desirable range of only 150-300u=
g/ml.

Dave