[compost_tea] Best Practices - Cleaning Techniques for Brewers and Effect of Unclean Brewing

From: chris reid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:31:31 -0400

Hi,

Through a major contribution of data from John Cowan, the compost tea best
practices project is off to a running start. It is really, really exciting
to see the pieces of information contained in posts come together into a
coherent body of knowledge about making tea. I'm psyched!

Anyhow, an area where I don't have much info collected at this point is
cleaning brewers. There will be specific tips for specific models, plus
more general info. This week I want to finish a draft of the section on
cleaning brewers.

What would be useful that I can think of at the moment is:

Stories from people who had bad brews that improved once cleaning done
differently on their equipment. What went wrong/how did you fix it. This
will also be helpful in the troubleshooting section.

Tips from you about where the secret hiding places for gunk have turned out
to be on your brewer, and how you clean them.

Tips on materials and their characteristics -- what to use or not use and
why.

Tips on cleaning agents to use or not use.

Tips on cleaning your cleaning tools.

If you've sent a message to the list in the past that you think would help,
would you email it to me off-list? As Paulette M. has pointed out,
searching through the archives is very time consuming and if each person
just sent me their post, I could spend my time assembling it in a rational
way and not dodging ads.

Thanks to any who take the time to respond. I think you, too, will be
gratified by the results.

Chris Reid

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511