RE: [compost_tea] Re: Begginer help

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 07:59:16 -0800

An offer was made many months ago to guide you through this process. For
some reason you seem to want to reinvent the wheel. Certainly it is
possible, as I have repeatedly explained, to produce your own nutrients. The
caveat is the cost of testing. Encourage your home schoolteacher to instruct
you in the use of a spreadsheet. Look at what it might take to actually come
to the point where you are saying money and getting reliable results.

Perhaps there are other 22G users who have tested with other nutrients and
will respond to this. Failing that Paul Sachs and Jeff Lowe fells both sell
nutrient packs and base products for producing tea, but they also charge for
their products.

To some extent you get what you pay for, and that cheap hardware store soil
test was probably bes6t left on the shelf. Consider using a lab like
International Ag Labs. They specialize in sustainable and organic soil
testing and recommendations. Anything short of good testing methodologies
will come up short. If you want to learn Horticulture you might start by
learning the correct terminology and spelling. This would make you post more
readable and you’ll more likely get better responses.

The EPM machines were designed with specific product inputs. The nutrient
packs, when used with good vermicompost (tested to confirm) provide some of
the best ACT on the market.

Tom Jaszewski
www.livesoil.com
702-595-7012