RE: RES: [compost_tea] Giant vegetables

From: Ken and Deb Blaylock <kdblaylock_at_ak.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:50:07 -0900

I have to beg to differ on gentlemen's statement about others in Alaska
growing Giant
vegetables, like the Dinkels. My husband and I talked to one of the
Dinkel clan at
their vegetable stand this summer (after the state fair and cabbage
weigh-off).
One of their secrets is Miracle Grow and another is grow lights.
hmmm
I don't know if they use Compost Tea. At the time, I had never heard of
it and
didn't know to ask.
I also visited John Evans garden and witnessed his methods in person.
I was so inspired that I bought one of his kits at the local vendor
selling them.
As it was so late in the Alaska season, I have not been able to use it,
but I
do look forward to using it this spring! John Evans methods were simple
and from what I saw Highly Successful!
Organic versus Chemical.
I think I'll stick with the organics.
Just my two cents worth.