Re: [compost_tea] Fruit Fly.

From: Scott Alexander <daylily_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:13:16 +1000

  Has anyone any experience in controling fruit fly. Should be gratefull fo=
r any advice.

  I'd say you've lost this crop! You need to pick up all the fruit on the g=
round and from the tree, put them in plastic bags andleave them in the sun.=
 That kills the grubs and then maybe you coulod add that to your compost he=
ap.

  Next year, you tie a paper bag around each orange when they are small. Th=
ese can be obtained from suppliers of organic products. If you are in Austr=
alia I'll give you a website. These people also sell other products to use =
for the control of F F
  Scott