[compost_tea] TO BREW OR NOT TO BREW??

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 04:07:39 -0000

Let me see if I'm reading these post right.
You need the following to brew good tea.
1-Clean brewing equipment every time. No Bio-SLIME!!
2-Air bubbles not to big not to small.
3-Oxygen meter to be sure.
4-Water not to hard not to soft, definitely not chlorinated.
5-A Ph meter to be sure.
6-Water temperature not to cold not to hot.
7-A thermometer to be sure.
8-A consistent and preferably guaranted source of compost with good
fungal and bacteria numbers.
9-Sound recipes that give good numbers every time you brew a batch.
10-Don't over brew or under brew.
11-Keep out of direct sunlight.
12-Apply right away early morning or late at night.
And that is the short list.
Until there are some sound consumer protections in place. Required
testing and some sort of written standards, guarantees not
disclaimers. There will continue to be systems and products sold that
are pretty much useless. An industry that is self regulated is open to
anything and everyone pedaling their wares without accountability.
Mandatory testing and standards should be required by those selling CT
products. At their cost not the consumers. Maybe testing of our CT
sauce should be free for everyone out there. Then just maybe we might
be able to come up with some good sound repeatable data. And PLEASE a
little less ADVERTISING when posting. It seems those with the most to
say are in the business, if ya know what I mean. Take care.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511