Re: [compost_tea] Re: another saponin source

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:20:11 -0900

It would be hard to believe that any fungicide is so specific as to not imp=
act the beneficials! It is also not clear to me that it is the saponin cau=
sing the fungicidal activity.

I can suggest that hot pepper insect sprays are not the same thing as the p=
otting mix Dr. Evans used.

I still can't understand the infatuation with saponin? If foams, doesn't i=
t? And are there not easier ways to get good fungal growth?

Must be the cold tonight. 3.

cheers,

Jeff