Re: [compost_tea] Re: Yucca

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:32:08 -0500

HI Kirk

are you growing Yucca Schidigera (Mojave) ?
Have you tried harvesting and processing any of it for the saponin ?

At 12:36 PM 11/21/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> Chris - You said
>>I want the benefits of a yucca spreader and I live in
>><
> Years ago, I poked my head under a rock on
> Long Island Sound, near Branford, and to my utter amazement found a healthy
> Odd color, wimpy needles and fruit relative to
> arid zone plants, but a happy, growing plant.
>
> I live north of you in Oregon and have three thriving yuccas in my yard.
> You might need some snow protection, but I
> If you want to pay for it, I'd
> send you a root division (the
> blooms, impressive as they are, don't seem productive in northern climes) to
> They've been organically maintained for many years.
>
> As for a**hi_yield, some contention is good but I miss Jose, and agree
> Have we been
> Hopefully
> he will fix his spelling, anyway.
>
> -- Kirk L
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Laura Sabourin
EcoVit Ecologically Sound Horticultural Products
Tea-riffic Aerobic Compost Tea and Acadian Seaplant Products
RR # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7
http://www.ecovit.ca
http://www.compost-tea.ca