Re: [compost_tea] Matt's CT Recipe

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:24:13 -0900

I said meets the standards....shouldn't have!!!! I read the thing as 14.4 f=
or some reason! BIG oops.

However, Ryan only needs to use a bit more of it to make up for the lower f=
ungal. Instead of five gallons per acre, he would apply 8 and get the cover=
age.

Fungi are easy to activate in compost and if you use then humic acids and k=
elps in your teas as nutrients you should not have problems growing fungi a=
nd getting great numbers. Humic acids and Kelp. Been tested in Bob 0's wit=
h various size tanks, KISes, EPMs, Alaska Bounty....humic acids and kelp. N=
o need to resort to massive amounts of molassas, foaming sapanin, etc.

Cheers,

jeff l