[compost_tea] Re: Tea and Turf

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:12:19 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:

> [...]
<><><<><Ted what is "cooked" meaning here? Thanx. Dennis

   SFI testing is important but tea can be "cooked" for a test. I
like soil tests and plant assays better. Because everything in the
tea comes from the compost, I would suggest getting compost tested.
As I mentioned, bacteria will grow just by adding water to compost.

<><><>><>Bacteria can double in population (numbers)every 10 minutes.
Dennis

It will not grow in astounding numbers but it will grow. Aerate and,
provided there is food, they will grow until they eat all the food
and go to sleep. It's a simple fact.

> Fungi are a different story but I don't want to stir that pot
again. It seems there are some who are very set in their thinking
about fungi and AACT. I have one view. My business associate has a
slightly different view but both would be considered rabidly
conservative when it comes to fungal growth in AACT.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511