[compost_tea] Best Practices Project - How You Can Help

From: chriscreid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:51:57 -0000

Okay, as Chuck Whelan noticed, the first document in the project is
now posted in the files section of the list.

If you are interested in helping to work on future sections, please
send me a note off list.

Possible help -- people can either offer to do work on a particular
topic, or do work like reviewing posts, fact checking and locating
additional info by emailing people and so on.

People who don't have time to do this sort of leg work but have a
particular set of expertise can write to say they are willing to
serve as "voice of experience" information sources.

For example, if you are an eco restorationist and you are an expert
on using tea in damaged soils, you could volunteer to answer
questions from the best practices group related to how to recognize
damaged soil, but not necessarily write the topic up.

If you are a bigtime farmer or vineyard or greenhouse operation and
have application experience with big equipment, you can volunteer
your expertise in this area, but not write the whole section. We
would do our best to ask you good questions and make sure we have
good full answers and get your thoughts into the section on
application. Anybody who does this can also ask us to keep an eye
out for particular information or people who can help them figure
out what they need to know -- a little perk, if you will. We might
not know the answer or where to send you, but one good turn deserves
another and we will try.

If you are a biology professor and know a good way to create some
field testing techniques, then please suggest your ways we can
create a list of field marks and testing proxies.

There is something that people at any level of tea experience can
do, and it is a helpful way to learn, I am finding.

So -- let me know.

thanks,

Chris Reid

Yahoo! Groups Links