Re: [compost_tea] Some fungi info

From: w.reece speas <wrspeas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:18:11 -0800 (PST)

I put all of them in my favorits to go read thanks ted ,reece,have a great holiday

Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> wrote:http://fistweb.uws.edu.au/biology/ck/ecto/index.html

If you read nothing els, read the above. "Ectomycorrhizal Technology for Increasing the Productivity of Forest Plantations."

http://www.co2science.org/journal/1999/v2n11b5.htm

The above article seems to state that elevated CO2 rates promote fungal growth and elevated O2 rates inhibit fungal spread.

http://www.qub.ac.uk/fungi/Level1/mcb106/lect5/def.html

The above pages (use the arrows to scroll through) show fungal growth using O2. It even shows how to make a chemostat to grow fungi. Very similar to the one Oliver has in mind.

http://www.stri.org/research/allen/

The above pages refer to work done with plant/fungi symbiosis in SA Rainforests to suppress plant disease.

http://bugs.bio.usyd.edu.au/Mycology/ecol/competition.htm

The above pages refer to basic fungal biology for both beneficial and predatory fungil.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~mpayres/pubs/abs52.htm

The above page is an Ayres Abstract about how fungi work in the soil.

http://www2.mhc.ab.ca/Users/pwallis/LabManPDF/10FUNGUS.pdf

The above page is a test procedure for fungal growth. Some interesting statements here.

http://www.abcorganics.com/Functional%20Groups.htm
http://www.abcorganics.com/Soil%20Food%20Web%20Biologicals.htm

Check out the above for fun. The second is real interesting. It is called "Soil Food Web Biologicals"

http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/bto/microbes/basidio.htm

Info about fungi. Mostly basid's, those mushrooms we like to saute and eat raw and serve with snails. Yum, yum!

http://trishul.sci.gu.edu.au/courses/ss12bmi/microbe_control.html

Pathogens an the like.

Have fun. This should keep all of us off the streets over the holidays.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth