[compost_tea] Re: PLUM CURCULIO ?

From: dakesian1 <dakesian_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:43:51 -0000

That's right Steve except I think it should read "you can control 99
percent of PC and still get 50 percent damage". LOL. Beauvaria
bassiana has been known for a long time but apparently hasn't
offered enough success to be considered a great remedy.

I really believe PC migrates to my backyard garden from adjacent
forests, neighbors' lots, etc.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Steve Diver" <steved_at_n...>
wrote:
> So what's the deal?
>
> There's nothing in this link about
> entomopathogenic fungi.
>
> Nothing about Beauvaria bassiana.
>
> Not much to chew on, relatively
> good results in the lab and poorer
> results in the field using
> entomopathogenic nematodes.
>
> A lot is known about Plum curculio.
>
> You can control 90% of PC and
> still endure 50% crop damage.
>
> Steve Diver
>

> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Giannou" <thomas_at_t...>
wrote:
> > Elaine,
> >
> > The URL was incomplete. Here's the full url:
> >
> http://entomology.tfrec.wsu.edu/wopdmc/2003PDFs/Rep03%20Biocontrol%
20Alston.pdf

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511