Re: [compost_tea] Compost Tea Mud/Sludge

From: Scott Alexander <daylily_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:22:36 +1000

> How do you all deal with the mud/sludge on the bottom
> of the brewers? Do you keep it moving in
> the brewer?
In my homemade brewer, the compost that comes OUT of the bag (made from
shade cloth) is agitated upwards by the air that comes from the manifold
around the bottom of my 200 gallon tank.

How do i deal with the mud/sludge after the CT is applied? I put some on my
compost heap and the rest goes on my worm farms. They LOVE it!

Why don't I leave the compost in solution without the
chamber and direct all the air to the bottom of the
brewer, always keeping the compost in motion and in solution?

If you keep the majority of the compost in a bag you have less "mess" to
clean up afterwards. In my system I have a big airstone in the bag and this
gently agitates the compost and helps to extract the micro-organisms.

Scott

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: