RE: [compost_tea] CACT

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:01:19 -0800

Bob,

If we can do this over a period of days, there must be quite a bit of
mud in our tanks. How would you handle that? Is it a problem? Your
compost dissolves 80%. Over how long a period was that? Which compost
mix are you using? Am I correct in assuming if there's adequate
agitation much of anyone's compost would dissolve into solution?

What I'm envisioning is a nutrient drip system into the tank as you
would find in a medical situation, with bottles or bags of measured
nutrients hanging from a height and flowing through tubes with
adjustable clamps.

For a nutrient drip, could you mix all the liquid nutrients (molasses,
fish hydrolysate, humic acid) together? I added them one at a time but
found that they clumped when mixed in one container. I would think to
mix this beforehand with water so it would flow or use individual
containers. I know from experience not to add any molasses to the
compost chamber.

If all this is possible the size of the container shouldn't matter and
it would add another dimension to making ACT. Sounds a little more
complicated initially and would depend on many more variables.

CACT: is this Continuing, Continuous, or Constant Aerated Compost Tea?

Judi