Re: [compost_tea] Fungi

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:50:06 -0800 (PST)

Mixed below

Bill <halstead_at_mail.telepac.pt> wrote:We are having unseasonable weather,night temps 5-10C day 10-15C.Damp mornings but little rain.Normally -3C-4C& 6C-10C.
I have noticed that lots of dog droppings and those of the horses are covered in white filament strands.Would/ could these be fungi? If so would they assist in making the compost more fungal if I added them to the compost? Probably
As my brewer is outside could I make good ACT in 10 hours of the daytime?

In 10 hours of day and 10 more hours overnight, Just protect the brewer from cold wind. throw a blanket or 2 layers of pladtic tarp over it at night. It will stay reasonably warm.
Bill

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT