Re: [compost_tea] Water temps for brewing

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:24:29 -0800

----- Original Message -----
  From: Don
  To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 4:52 PM
  Subject: [compost_tea] Water temps for brewing

  Anyone have suggestions on how to heat the
  groundwater to 72 F and hold it there for the 24 hr brewing cycle?

Don:

Why do you need the brew so hot? I have found the best results when I brew=
 my tea four or five degrees above my soil temperature. In winter, bacteri=
a and other critters that do better in low temps are in ascendence. I have=
n't had much success growing bacteria in tea of 70+ then applying it to gro=
und that is 60. Even when I brew at slightly higher temps, I try to let th=
e tea sit and cool so it is closer to the ambient soil temp.

Aside from the above, I'm sure that the company that sold you the brewer al=
so sells a heater.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth