[compost_tea] Re: What's in a name?

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:57:43 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Susan Cruver" <scruver_at_m...>
wrote:
> During the lifetime of this list, the name of that liquid we all
produce has been discussed regularly. We settled on actively aerated
compost tea, somewhat reluctantly given the association with
unaerated compost tea and manure teas.

> Keeyla Meadows, a one-of-a-kind landscape designer and artist from
the San Francisco Bay Area (see her fabulous book "Making Gardens
Works of Art", Sasquatch Books, Seattle), was in Seattle this week to
speak to the Northwest Horticultural Society. While here, she toured
gardens, spoke to many gardeners and was introduced to AACT
as "Compost Tea." She didn't like the name either, and promptly
began calling it "Compost Cocktail" (she's definitely not the
stereotypical lady gardener like all those famous Englishwomen).
Perhaps this isn't the name to adopt but it sure sounds like more fun!

> Susan Cruver

<><<><><><><><><>Susan the tea toters (sp?) might have another idea
of fun!!!!! I think I'll find her book though. It sounds interesting.
I have Rosalind Creasy's "Cooking from the Garden" and enjoy it, esp
the pix. Dennis

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: