Re: [compost_tea] Planttonic

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:50:09 -0800 (PST)

Susan Cruver <scruver_at_msn.com> wrote:During the lifetime of this list, the name of that liquid we all produce has been discussed regularly. We settled on actively aerated compost tea, somewhat reluctantly given the association with unaerated compost tea and manure teas.

Keeyla Meadows, a one-of-a-kind landscape designer and artist from the San Francisco Bay Area (see her fabulous book "Making Gardens Works of Art", Sasquatch Books, Seattle), was in Seattle this week to speak to the Northwest Horticultural Society. While here, she toured gardens, spoke to many gardeners and was introduced to AACT as "Compost Tea." She didn't like the name either, and promptly began calling it "Compost Cocktail" (she's definitely not the stereotypical lady gardener like all those famous Englishwomen). Perhaps this isn't the name to adopt but it sure sounds like more fun!

Susan Cruver