[compost_tea] Re: Water temps for brewing

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:05:15 -0000

Ted,
I respect your opinions and even more so the fact that you responded
to me directly this time. Brownies for you? It takes a real unafraid
individual to speak their mind and go against the Queen Bees directive
to ignore the troll for he or she is a non believer!! Take care
Hi_Yield1.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson" <ted.peterson_at_t...>
wrote:
> [...]
Elaine has done this a lot longer than anyone else. She has the
educational background, has done the work and has the database of
observation and experience. I wouldn't be doing any of the things I
am doing if it wasn't for her.

> I look at her posts as a way to help me not reinvent the wheel. I'm
sure she has done ten thousand more microscopic observations than I
have and her observations are backed by knowledge where mine are
backed by a desire to acquire knowledge. Two different things when it
comes to building concepts and understanding in my book.

> Yes, I have discovered some trends but I may be missing some also.
The ones I miss might be just as important as the ones I find. She
has done this already.

> Yes, I may approach the observations and brewing from a different
perspective but that doesn't put my approach necessarily in conflict
with hers. I still have a lot to learn. Also, my tools are meager
compared to the tools she has at her command.

> Quite the contrary to feeling that I have to win something here, I
feel the challenge for me is to make sure I am clear in my
presentation so that someone with Elaine's background can't instantly
find a lot of errors and oversights that could be alternatives to my
positions -- a different interpretation so to speak.

> I may joke around with being miffed but it is all mock anger. I
really appreciate that she takes her time to answer questions and act,
in a way, as a peer (not that I am her peer, scientifically) review of
processes. It helps me.

> By the way, if I could afford it, I would love to take SFI training
and pass it on to my son. It's just out of my realm right now.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511