[compost_tea] Re: pumps to use

From: compostea412 <compostea412_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:13:40 -0000

Hi Bob
Thanks for your reply
I'll try it without a pump first and see what comes out.

Fred

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_y...> wrote:
> Fred _ re-reading your question - why do you use a pump? If your
tank is on a trailer make a bottom of the tank connection, use a
large diameter hose and your thumb to control flow. soak the soil.
You need a pump only to do the foliar application. Hilly? drive on
the high side? Keep it easy. Bob

> Fred, Hi Are you pumping from a threaded outlet or from a tank,
needin a submersable or suction hose? If your are pumping from a
tank needing a submersable, Granger has a submersible sump pump with
a smooth impeller. Called a pool cover pump. Long cord, smooth
impeller, It would move your ACT in about 5 minutes. Important
manner of operation. Use a big enough hose to let the ACT flow at
the full capacity of the pump. ONE pass thru a smoooth cetrifigul
will damage ACT very little. It is the repeated passes imposed by
some brewers during a brew cycle that tend to damage some microbes
with each pass. Granger, 100 w 110V power 3p994, $122.83
> Much slower. 20 minutes to pump 1000L nylon impeller, 3/4" pipe
inlet and outlet, Granger # 1P322, $ 155.00 or many smaller slower
pumps at less money.

> There are also diaphrgm pumps available at much higher cost. These
pumps are desireable for application systems when the flow is
restricted by nozzles and operator controls Search the web. Many
choices. Hypro -- Fimco and others. They have diaphragm pumps
that do not need air to drive them. If you are in an orchard pumping
out you need a gas engine direct drive diaphragm system they are
available. . Bob

> compostea412 <compostea412_at_y...> wrote:
> Could someone please tell me what type of pump to use that will not
> slice or dice the fungi and bacteria as it is pumped out of a
1000lt
> plastic container, on a trailer, on to the orchard ground.
>
> Thanks Fred

Service.

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.