Re: [compost_tea] Pear Blister Mite

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:00:43 EST

How's the treatment for the pear blister mite going?

I would want to get compost tea on the trees - after dormant oil if you have
used that, because the dormant oil treatment seems to be compatible with the
use of compost tea. The oil is just an additional, albeit not outstanding,
food resource for the fungi in the tea.

It would be interesting to observe the foliar surfaces after dormant oil,
then after compost tea. I'd like to know if you see the fungal component begin
to grow in thick enough strands that you can see. What biology does the oil
select?

Elaine Ingham
Currently in Australia, but near a computer for a few hours!