[compost_tea] necessary to add carbs or sugar after applying a compost tea?

From: Ryan, Matthew <matthew.ryan_at_rodaleinst.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:49:15 -0500

Hello Everyone,

Below I have provided some values for leaf organism assays that were
preformed last season on grapes and pumpkins. I am not trying to infer
anything and I realize that this was only one sampling but it provides
some start points to think about in regard to feeding microbes on leaf
surfaces.

Pumpkin plots were on an organic farm (good soil).
Pumpkins sprayed with compost tea weekly: 84 B, 2 F, 86 tc
Pumpkins sprayed with just nutrient solution: 64 B, 1 F, 65 tc
Pumpkins not sprayed at all: 56 B, 2 F, 58 tc

Grape plots were on a conventional vineyard.
Grapes sprayed with compost tea weekly: 70 B, 3 F, 73 tc
Grapes sprayed with fungicides: 2 B, 0 F, 2 tc
Grapes not sprayed at all: 29 B, 0 F, 30 tc

Again I'm not claiming anything here, just providing some values to talk
about.

-Matt