[compost_tea] Re: here they come GMO micoboes

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:27:42 -0800

Hey, Sal -- Good to hear from you on yahoo ct post today. Have you been
lurking here awhile or just signed up? There's some good folks and growers
here you'll enjoy bantering with on compost tea, if you're new. Welcome,
anyway. GMO outrage occasionally flares up, too.

"Confinement" of GE stuff from NAS release you pointed to was disconcerting.
Didn't mention greenhouses, only open fields. That's not good enough.
These dastardly deeds need to be confined to pressure-controlled greenhouses
and secure barns until we figure out what the heck is happening.
Restricting to non-food crops is not good enough, either, imo. GMO junk
damages soil, not just organic crops, I agree.

How GE material gets moved thru compost and compost tea is a real good
question we've touched on but not resolved here.

-- Kirk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511