Re: [compost_tea] pump and ...

From: T Dodge <tdodge_at_spiritone.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2004 17:12:39 -0800

Kevin

Check out Henrikus Schraven in the metro Seattle. He has been using a
modified bark blower for some time now for his applications of composts
and AACTeas. He illustrated this (power point slide) during his portion
of the joint Ingham/Schraven presentation at the ICTC last July. e-mail
or visit him and ask about slurry proportions

I post this here as your mail box is full.

Terence
On Feb 22, 2004, at 11:49 AM, kevin john richardon wrote:

> I am also impressed by rigs outfitted to blow mulch. I think the
> applicator uses a 4-6" hose and walks around blowing mulch or compost.
> Really cool. The end of the hose also has a spray attachment. There
> is an approx 50G barrel on the rig which mulch applicators can fill
> with colorant to spray on the mulch as it is being blown. Gold was a
> popular color recently! Anyhow, this could serve as an interesting
> way to further innoculate material, such as compost, while having a
> super easy way of applying. Compost is making strides in the field of
> erosion cotrol. Very cost effective and works ten times as well as
> silt fence or hay bales. It stays put, does not necessitate removal
> and improves the land. How bout that?!
> !
>
> ~Kev ps

Yahoo! Groups Links