[compost_tea] Re: CT on NOSB Agenda!

From: Steve Diver <steved_at_ncatark.uark.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:46:20 -0000

The CTTF Report & Recommendations will be made
available to NOSB for April meeting, as noted.

But it will NOT be available for a vote.

There is a minimum time that something needs
to be submitted to NOSB prior to a vote, and
the report has not been finalized and submitted
to meet this minimum lead time.

Yet, it WILL be finalized soon, then sent to NOSB.
NOSB will thus have time to reflect and ponder its
contents, ask additional questions, etc.

At some point, the CTTF report will also become
available for public viewing.

This will allow public comments, I believe,
prior to a vote in the following NOSB meeting.

The NOSB will also need to craft its own official
language pertaining to compost teas, to submit to NOP.

This is my recollection of the situation.

Steve Diver

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Kirk Leonard" <kirk_at_o...> wrote:
> Hey folks, it's finally happening - NOSB will get the Compost Tea
Task Force
> recommendations for discussion and vote on April 29 in Chicago.
Full agenda
> is top item from this page: http://www.ams.usda
.gov/nop/TodaysNews.html

> And somewhere in this process, the recommendations should be made
public and
> public comments taken. Have to find out. I'll do some hunting and
get
> back, but if someone knows about this, please post info - where/when
they
> will be available and protocol for commenting. Doesn't appear there
will be
> an opportunity for public comment on CTTF recommendation in the
meeting, but
> we might want to persuade Dennis and Ray and Doc E to go anyway to
rattle
> some cages (if necessary...:).
>
> Thanks to Doc and Steve and MOST of CTTF members for hanging in
there!
> Owusu Bandele and Eric Sideman are two of the good guys here, too,
and there
> are many others, I think. Let's hope.
>
> Kirk L

Yahoo! Groups Links