Re: [compost_tea] Re: water pH

From: <creatgardn_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:25:39 EST

I have actually done some work with this pH problem. My water at the shop
where I brew went above 8.5 and could not grow fungi in my tea. So, I called Doc.
E and said "HELP!!!!!" She had told me about citric acid. So, I went on line
and ordered some. I use the swimming pool test strips that check for pH and
just kept adding more until I finely got it down to about 5-5.5. It takes me
about
1 1/2 cups (liquid measuring cup) to get it there. That's in a 100 gallon
brewer. After doing all this I ran a test _at_ SFI. The results I got back were
excellent. The best test I had ever done. The pool test strips are also great as
they also check for chlorine. If you are degassing your water they will let you
know that you have done that properly. I get them at my local hardware store
in the pool supply isle. This is the website I get the citric acid from.
SOAPMAKING SUPPLIES, BATH SALTS, CITRIC ACID, LYE AND POTASH Hopefully you can
get to it with that link. If not try www.snowdriftfarm.com
Good luck to all....... :) Seaneen

Seaneen Hummel
Director of Compost Tea Spraying services - Creative Gardens, Inc.
Cofounder & VP, International Compost Tea Council www.intlctc.org