Re: [compost_tea] Re: 131 degrees Farenheit heated compost for 3 days

From: Margaret Lauterbach <melauter_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:00:11 -0700

Perhaps very strong emphasis on ACT's ability to cleanse toxins from soil
would impress this administration. I'm sure you're aware of the toxic
wastes being spread as "inert ingredients" in fertilizer, and those
officials who don't want to rock the money boat might prefer this lifesaver
to fighting off regulatory legislation. You might have to prove ACT will
counteract those wastes, though. Margaret L

>I would appreciate advice on how to make sure funding of the USDA program
>continues, so the USDA folks can calm down and get back to productive
>work, at the same time as convincing bureaucrats that this is a real
>concern, so they will see fit to continue funding work on compost, WITHOUT
>having to use compost tea as a scape goat to push the work that needs to
>be done.
>
>IDEAS?
>
>Elaine Ingham
>President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
>SFI Corvallis, OR
>SFI Port Jefferson, NY
>SFI Lismore, NSW, Australia
>SFI Hilversum, The Netherlands
>SFI Cambridge, New Zealand
>http://www.soilfoodweb.com

Margaret L
Gardening in Intermountain West and Handicapped gardening
  www.margaretlauterbach.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511