[compost_tea] Re: Dr. Ingham coming to Texas!

From: urbanworms <urbanworms_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:12:45 -0000

Steve,

Thank you, Thank you! (I assume you arranged this.)

See you in July.

John Gardner
Urban Worms Recycling
Houston, TX

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bridges" <kimas_at_t...>
wrote:
> Happy Sunday!
>
> I'm very proud to announce that the Texas Organic Farmers and
Gardeners
Association will be hosting Dr. Ingham in Texas for her Intro to the
Soil
FoodWeb Workshop. See below for more information.

> She'll be back in Texas for her Compost Tea Workshop, tentatively
scheduled for October 22-23, 2004. It is strongly advised that to
gain the most
from the ACT Workshop, that the Intro class be taken.

> This information will soon be posted on the TOFGA website with
local hotel
accomodations also listed.

> Ya'll come!
>
> Steve
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Steve Bridges
> President-Texas Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association
> www.texasorganicgrowers.org
> steve_at_t...
>
> Kimas Tejas Nursery
> 962 State Highway 71E
> Bastrop, TX 78602
>
> (512) 303-4769 Kimas Tejas Nursery
> www.texasgrown.com
>
> All outgoing email and attachments are scanned by Norton
SystemWorks
AntiVirus Software.

--------------------------------

> Texas Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association
>
> Presents:
>
> Introduction to the Soil FoodWeb by Elaine Ingham, PhD
> (prerequisite to the Compost Tea Workshop)
>

> Day One (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
>
> The Soil Foodweb and nutrient cycling
>
> Major soil nutrient forms (N,S,P,Ca,K,Fe,Bo,Mo,Se) in bacterial
drought
versus saturated soils

> How one nutrient form is shifted to another nutrient form
>
> Production of plant available nutrients
> . sequestration in non-leachable forms
>
> . soluble forms
>

> Day Two (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
>
> What biology is required by different plants
>
> How to shift soil from a non-productive condition to a productive
condition

> What nutrients are depleted by different plant species and how to
manage
replacement using biological approaches

> Field Tour
>
> . examples of sustainable success in the field
>
> . hands-on demonstrations
>

> Day Three (8:00 am to Noon)
>
> Assessing soil biology:
>
> laboratory and direct methods
>
> Question and answer period
>
> Dates:
> July 8-9-10, 2004
>

> Location:
>
> The Center for Environmental Research
> Austin Water Utility
>
> Hornsby Bend Biosolids Management Plant
>
> 2210 South FM 973
>
> Austin, Texas 78725
>

> Price: $425
>
> **Please Note: It is preferred that you full price up front, but
you must pay at
least half ($212.50) by May 1st, 2004 to reserve a place in this
workshop. The
remainder of the fee is due by June 15th, 2004. In case of refunds,
there will
be a 20% service charge. Workshop will be limited to 60 attendees, so
it is
first come, first served! Reserve your place early to be a part of
this very
important lecture series.

> Contact:
>
> Louise Placek, Texas Organic Farmers & Gardeners Assoc., (877) 326-
5175 or email louise_at_t... to register for the workshop. Payment by
check is
preferred, but credit cards (VISA, MC, AMEX) are accepted.

Yahoo! Groups Links