[compost_tea] Re: rugged DO meter

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:24:56 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, rlbct <rlbct_at_c...> wrote:
> I have heard that some DO meters get damaged easily in the tea.
> So I would be wary of continuous DO monitoring (with a compute),
though this
> is the way I want to go.
> Anyone doing this already, how are your DO meters standing up?
>
> Lynton

We have used an Extech for 3 years with their data logging software.
We use a 13 foot lead and keep the computer and the meter on a ench
well away from the brewer. Contraty to other reports we have not had
accuracy problems. We have checked the reading with a YSI non logging
meter. We frequently change the the inserts and clean and refill the
probe.

Yahoo! Groups Links