Re: [compost_tea] Tea For Turf - Compact Soil - Looking For Resources?

From: jim allAn <jallan6977_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:05:07 -0500

   I had some problem soil where I couldn't push a spike into the
soil. All I did was water and leave the grass long. In one season
the soil softened. I had been living in public housing and when the
local chief became disgusted with my long green grass he ordered that
maintenance cut it short. I stopped them through the head of the
housing authority who not only ordered them to not cut it but because
my grass was a beautiful green when theirs was brown ordered them to
raise their cutting height by an inch. This resulted the following
season with green grass and less weeds throughout the whole project.
So water and cut long as you can. The soil will recover.

On 21 Mar 2004 at 1:51, enviromasterbc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for any info on turf, and specificaly methods to loosen
> the compaction in wet compacted northwest soil using CT?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links