Re: [compost_tea] At what point will this group be moderated?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:22:59 -0500

First of all, as one of the people that has been smeared, I would appreciate very much that e-mails from those people who have in the past smeared others without any data to back up their smears be monitored by the list administrator.

I'd ask that those who have abused the "selling only on Sunday" rule also have their e-mails monitored. I think all of us would appreciate knowing that our time is not going to be taken up by e-mails promoting a product without data to back up those promotions.

The list administrator can ask help from others as their schedule requires.

That way the general questions as well as specific learning can continue un-abated. There should be no need to monitor most e-mails. We can use the innocent until proven guilty approach.

If someone crosses the line once, they should be warned. If they fail a second or third time, then they are on the monitored list.

I like the idea of warning peopole, because sometimes passion overtakes good sense, and we can all fail at being rational. For that reason, warnings would be better for first time failures. After that, monitoring should be instituted.

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY